ABOUT EPIC SCIENCE
EPIC Science Utilizes clever animated GIFS to Illustrate science concepts. The animations were created as an assignment in a Sophomore level course at Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University called Digital Imaging II.
• Animated Gifs that can be shown in the site or copied and pasted into your own site
• Explanatory text accompanying each animation
• Next Generation Science Standards number indexing
• If you have EPIC Science concepts you would like animated, let us know - we continuously adding content.
TARGET GRADE LEVEL
COMPATIBLE WITH THIS MEDIA:
• MAC desktop and laptop computers - all browsers
• PC desktop and laptop computers: all browsers
• Apple Tablets
• Android Tablets
COST AND SECURITY
• Free to use and share
• No In-App purchases
• No personal data collected
ADDRESSES THE FOLLOWING INTELLIGENCE TYPES: (Choose appropriate)
VISUAL (spatial):pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
SOCIAL (interpersonal): group learning occurs while students view with the teacher in class and explain concepts to each other by relating the animated action to the science concept.
SOLITARY (intrapersonal): self-study
ABOUT THE CREATORS
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University's EPIC project partnered with Kenowa Hills Public Middle Schools science teachers Heather Pilarz and Ben Bukrey. The KCAD faculty are Susan Bonner, Brad Yarhouse, Milt Klingensmith and Bill fischer. Each student is credit under their animation.
PARTICIPATE IN THE EPIC PROJECT BY PROVIDING FEEDBACK
Please take this short survey to help us learn how we can continue to make our media more engaging and effective.